Sunday, 21 June 2009

Punk's not dead, and neither are The Sonics


I haven't attended too many show these last couple of years because I've gotten jaded with age and was tired of being disappointed by my high standards. However, The Sonics kicked my jaded arse last night when they played at Yonge Dundas Square for NXNE!

The Sonics are considered to be the first ever punk band in history, which is awesome. However, when I heard about the show I was skeptical about senior citizens trying to replicate their youth. My stereotyping turned out wrong (as stereotyping is wrong) because they rocked! Honest to god, I don't know how to say this without being cliché but they put on an amazing charged-up good ol' rock n roll garage show.

p.s. I wish I took a camera with me because the place was packed with retro-eccentrics dressed like 1960's rockers.

No comments:

Post a Comment